How to Make Colorful Wrinkled Paper
Wrinkled PaperThis technique is so fun and easy to do, and it can turn out beautifully. Try it with different types of paper.
- F & W Acrylic Artists’ Ink or thinned acrylics or watercolors
- sketch paper
- Take your paper and scrunch it up into a tight ball.
- Hold it under running water until it’s fairly wet. Squeeze it gently.
- Slowly and carefully open the paper up.
- Take a soft brush and make a wash of color across the page. I used purple and blue in the above example. The creases will soak up some of the ink and change color.
- Let dry.
You can use a warm iron to gently flatten the papers if you like.
By now I’m sure you’re aware of how much I like Ruth Issett’s books on color and creating designs on paper and fabric. Here’s one of her titles that has lots of printing ideas in it. Print, Pattern & Color will get your creative juices flowing.