Bubble Wrap ArtYou can create great textures by wadding up different things and then smooshing them in paint and pressing them onto your painted sketch paper. Try wadded-up masking tape, scrunched-up saran wrap, and balled-up bubble wrap for some interesting looks.
- different colors of acrylic paints
- saran or bubble wrap
- good quality sketch paper
- Paint your sketch paper in your choice of acrylic paint. Let dry.
- Take the bubble wrap or saran wrap and crumple it up into a loose ball.
- Pour a contrasting color of paint onto your paint palette. I use a cream cheese tub lid.
- Dip the bubble or saran wrap into the paint, and then pat it onto the painted sketch paper. Don’t use too much paint or the textured effect will get lost.
- Let dry.
You might want to pick up a copy of ArtEffects by Jean Drysdale Green. She shows you lots of ideas for experimenting with inks, watercolors, acrylics and more.