F&W Acrylic Artists' Ink
Morton's Coarse Kosher Salt
spray bottle filled with water
1. Wet a brush (I used a foam
brush for this part) and paint water all over your paper.
2. Use a soft bristled brush or a foam brush and wash your ink across the paper.
3. Sprinkle salt over the paper.
4. Using your spray bottle, spritz water across the page. The force of the water spreads the ink out and creates the lighter puddles of color.
5. Let dry, and brush off the salt crystals.
Want to be notified when more ideas for salt watercolor paper are added to Karen's Whimsy?
Subscribe to Karen's Whimsy Newsletter!
© 2013 :: Karen J. Hatzigeorgiou
All rights reserved.
Contact :: firstname.lastname@example.org